As Emmert Wolf says, “A man is only as good as his tools.” I fully embrace this philosophy, but let’s be real – equipment definitely makes a difference, but a professional camera isn’t something you can just pick up and make magic with! It definitely takes a certain finesse and an artistic eye, and people skills don’t hurt! That being said, my equipment is the tool that makes it all possible. I’m a self-proclaimed photography equipment techie and bring a wealth of materials to every event.
I wouldn’t go anywhere without my Canon gear. I take wedding photography seriously, and that means using the highest quality equipment, working with the world’s best manufacturers and always always always coming prepared. I carry and shoot with two memory cards, backing up all images twice. I also have a backup camera and lenses.
Here are some of the most important pieces I carry:
- Canon 1DX (my go-to camera!)
- Canon 5d Mark III (my secondary camera)
I work with a variety of lenses, but only Canon L quality options. I find that the sharpness, contrast and saturation they offer is unmatched.
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Standard Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8 L IS USM Telephoto Lens
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Wide-Angle Lens
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.2 USM Portrait
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM 1-to- 1 Macro Lens
- Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM Telephoto Lens